Hum Hum Hum, is it only me?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Hum Hum Hum, is it only me?

Postby TheVinny455 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:19 pm

I use Amplitubbe 4 for a long time and I've tried a ton load of ways to fix this hum but it simply won't go away... UNLESS: I take my AC power supply off of the PC.

Mobile Rig user, I have to turn AC on and off and this bugs me sometimes, and why? Cause it's the only way the hum stops and I have an impressive clean sound even with the toughest drives, but when I plug or switch AC power supply the hum burst into madness, even if I hold strings, only goes away with volume zeroed on guitar volume knob.

I wouldn't bother if this didn't bother me all the time, but especially live, cause my PC battery can't hold on the PC alive over an entire rig, for recording it's fine cause I can give it a break, but...

I imagine it's an EMI, cause it happens when high power supply is on, and even if I hold strings it won't go away, which tells me that if it was a ground loop, would stop...

Anyway, help me identify and fix it please guys, I don't know if there's anything like a USB power limiter to the interface (Guitar Link), if it would help for me to limit it, gonna try it while wait for answers, could work and I would be a genius! :D

P.S.: I also heard something about a tool you put in the plug to the wall energy source, between them, to neutralize grounding issues, can be DIY and I didn't try it yet, well...

Thank you for time and attention, help me pleaaaaaaaase
TheVinny455

Re: Hum Hum Hum, is it only me?

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Hi,

This does sound like USB bus power noise. I know that many have reported success with reducing or eliminating this kind of noise by using the plug-in modules available. However, since you mention DIY I would honestly not recommend that as it could be more dangerous than using a tested and manufactured version like those from Ebtech to safely do the job (it may work with electricity in a way that could be harmful if done incorrectly).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheVinny455 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:07 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Hi,

This does sound like USB bus power noise. I know that many have reported success with reducing or eliminating this kind of noise by using the plug-in modules available. However, since you mention DIY I would honestly not recommend that as it could be more dangerous than using a tested and manufactured version like those from Ebtech to safely do the job (it may work with electricity in a way that could be harmful if done incorrectly).

Are those the Hum X you're talking about?
TheVinny455

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:18 pm

TheVinny455 wrote:

I believe that's what they are called. The company is Ebtech or similar.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby TheVinny455 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
TheVinny455 wrote:

I believe that's what they are called. The company is Ebtech or similar.

Thank you for the help, I'm researching this right now and I'll try it out and post it here
TheVinny455

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling