Problems in DAW (Logic and Pro Tools)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Problems in DAW (Logic and Pro Tools)

Postby nickebeach » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:16 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a new amplitube user and I'm having problems getting it to work in my DAW. I use both Logic and Pro Tools but it won't work in either. I'll get a signal on the audio track meter so I know I'm getting a signal into the DAW but when I open Amplitube on the track there's no audio going into amplitube. The input meter is blank. The meter for the track will still be moving but amplitube input is blank. It works fine in stand alone mode. Any help is greatly appreciated.
nickebeach

Re: Problems in DAW (Logic and Pro Tools)

Postby carlaz » Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:18 pm

I know this may seem like an obvious first question, but -- in Logic -- is recording enabled for the track?
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby nickebeach » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:04 am

It is, that was one of the few things I could think to try. :lol:
nickebeach

Postby garfy » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:35 am

nickebeach wrote: I'll get a signal on the audio track meter so I know I'm getting a signal into the DAW but when I open Amplitube on the track there's no audio going into amplitube. The input meter is blank. The meter for the track will still be moving but amplitube input is blank. It works fine in stand alone mode. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not sure about Pro-Tools, but you need to have Software Monitoring enabled in Logic.

Preferences>Audio>General (Tab) Make sure that Software Monitoring is checked and you either have Record Enabled or Input Monitoring (i) selected on your input channel to hear the output of AT4.

I've just replicated your issue by unchecking Software Monitoring (signal showing on input meter on channel strip but no input showing in AT4) so hopefully this is your solution.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling