What do the guitarists of think of the Irig?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

What do the guitarists of think of the Irig?

Postby keonardlopes » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:55 pm

I've been looking for something I can play guitar through with headphones, preferably something I can plug into my laptop. I recently bought a Zoom G7.1ut, purely for night playing so I don't bug the neighbours. But no matter how much I tinker with it I can't get a tone that doesn't destroy my ears so I need an alternative, any suggestions?
keonardlopes

Re: What do the guitarists of think of the Irig?

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:18 pm

Hundreds of thousands (actually I think it may be over a million with the first iRig figures included) seem to think very highly of the #1 portable/mobile guitar interface. :)

Seriously, though, we wouldn't keep making it if guitarists weren't using it. We've even seen great guitarists like Alex Skolnick using it to warm up backstage and at home, or Slash who really did write MANY songs for his solo album using iRig & AmpliTube in hotel rooms and the tour bus. iRig has become part of the vernacular for guitarists these days, and we're quite flattered, humbled, but also proud of this.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: What do the guitarists of think of the Irig?

Postby lrutherford » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:06 am

Well I had an original irig back in the day which served a purpose back then.

However, I recently bought an irig HD2 and it is night and day better than the orginal irig. I'm now using APT4 on PC and also on ipad. The HD2 interface is great...

a couple of small buts....

It would be better if IK made a dedicated ASIO driver rather than rely on ASIO4ALL
Plus, there should be the same amps/models available in both APT$ for PC and AmpliTube for ipad.

Buy a HD2 and give it a go
lrutherford

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling