Trouble with Amplitube 4 in Background (OS X)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Trouble with Amplitube 4 in Background (OS X)

Postby mcwilson07 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:23 am

I'm having trouble running Amplitube 4 in the background on OS X. After about 30 seconds of running in the background the audio gets choppy. This is especially annoying because I use the same laptop for reading tabs/music as I'm running amplitube. It seems like OSX is cutting resources from the program if it isn't visible because it works if I keep part of it visible behind my browser. My guess is that OS X is attempting to save resources/power by limiting resources for "inactive" programs.

This workaround is ok but I'd love to know if anyone else has experienced this and if there is an amplitube or OSX setting I can change to not have to worry about keeping the program visible.
mcwilson07

Re: Trouble with Amplitube 4 in Background (OS X)

Postby beskow » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:47 am

What you experience is an OSX feature called "App Nap". You can turn it off for Amplitube, see e.g. https://www.lifewire.com/control-how-ma ... ap-2260788. Have fun!

/Björn
beskow

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling