Hi! Question Regarding ToneX

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Hi! Question Regarding ToneX

Postby offwhite » Thu Sep 26, 2024 3:19 pm

Hello!

I am new here but a longtime recording engineer. I have used and enjoyed Amplitube for a long time (gosh, version 1 or 2?) and have always loved it.

I use a lot of outboard gear in my recording setup and recently had a rack compressor start to die. It's old (a 1970s Ashly SC-50) and had some modifications done at some point. It sounds nothing like my other Ashly SC-50s; breaks up nicely and really levels things in a colorful and pleasing way. I've relied on it for a dozen years now to do all of my bass compression. I want to model it, for fear replacing the caps in the power supply will clean up the signal to a point where it won't be the same anymore.

I have ToneX CS which does not include any of the modeling capabilities but am considering upgrading. What have been the results of people modeling rack gear? I don't mind spending money on software I'm going to use just once, but if it's great in a studio setting, I would have the added benefit of modeling more of my stuff. I can't seem to figure out how to demo the full version (sorry I'm old) but also would like to read real life experiences with it.

Thank you for your time! Have a great day!
-Ian
offwhite

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling