Same presets but different sound - Tonex one and Tonex Softw

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Same presets but different sound - Tonex one and Tonex Softw

Postby hhuent » Sun Jun 30, 2024 4:56 pm

Tweaked several presets using Tonex Software (on Mac) and the Mote M6 Audio Interface.
- Guitar went into M6, M6 into FRFR Cab.
- The M6 audio interface line in was set to zero as recommended in many youtube videos
- the Tonex Software input was set to + 8.5 db. Sounded good.
- Checked that the gain / volume or at the presets were as they supposed to be, no digital clipping etc.
- Then connected the Tonex one to my Mac, transferred 20 presets via the Librarian in Tonex Software to the Tonex One.
- Then used the Tonex one pedal alone without being plugged into the Tonex Software
- The input trim of the pedal was at -3db, say around 11:30 o clock (12:00 being 0 db)

What the heck! The presets sounded very different, volume/gain/reverb settings all over the place, the presets sounded terrible. Checked back and played the presets again through the M6 audio interface + Tonex Software. Sounded fine.

Why do the presets sound so different and terrible compared to what I have in the Tonex Software. The Tonex One pedal ist supposed to be just a "box" that carries the presets from the Tonex Software. Why would I have to tweak everything again if the presets are not written over?
Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you!
hhuent

Re: Same presets but different sound - Tonex one and Tonex S

Postby hhuent » Wed Jul 03, 2024 11:48 am

Noone really? Strange.
Never mind. I think I sorted it out and understood that the presets from Tonex Software will not "wipe" their slots on the Tonex One pedal as soon as they were downloaded there. The current settings on the pedal (Gain, Volume, Reverb Mix, Bass, Mids etc.) will influence the sound of the presets you downloaded to the pedal - which is somehow logical but also a nuisance because you cannot return to the original settings with pressing a knob combination or so, but that would also mean the sound would be different from what you see as settings on the pedal. I also understand the settings on the Tonex One will react the same way as the settings in Tonex Software. If you want Gain at 4, you have to dial in 4 on the amp settings in Tonex Software as well - and adjust preset by preset.
hhuent

Postby Frankencat63 » Sat Jul 06, 2024 4:04 am

I am also noticing that the software and the hardware don’t sound exactly the same. I have been messing with all kinds of things trying to hit the sweet spot but I haven’t been able to get there yet. Close but definitely different.
Frankencat63

Postby danoprzygodzki » Thu Aug 01, 2024 7:35 pm

Same here, my suspicion is when using vortex one connected to vortex software it applies both amp simulation: from tonex one and tonex software.

When connected it should go to bypass mode, other way has no sense...

One solution from my side is to just use tonex software with interface without tonex one plugged in. Once you tweaked all the settings, just connect to sync it.
danoprzygodzki

Postby tlepri » Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:31 pm

I have the same problem. Sounds totally different when playing it through the Tonex software and connected by USB C. No idea how to solve it.
tlepri

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling