Amplitube 5 presets in Garageband

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 presets in Garageband

Postby stockpups » Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:53 am

Hello, I'm trying to use Amplitube 5 in GarageBand. I can use the plug-in fine (generic Marshall), but can't load any of my presets from the standalone app.

I've tried everything: trashing the presets and re-installing them in the Documents folder, in the Containers folder, even adding some .at5p presets in the vst and components Plug-in folder! (lol) Nothing works.

I love Amplitube but need my presets/collections to record with in GarageBand. Any ideas?
stockpups

Re: Amplitube 5 presets in Garageband

Postby stockpups » Thu Aug 01, 2024 2:20 am

<RESOLVED>

GARAGEBAND
Not sure what the problem was exactly, but I trashed the GarageBand folder in Documents, then reinstalled GarageBand and Amplitube, reset the PRAM, and restarted my Mac. Then Product Manager showed an upgrade (5.8.1) so I installed that and suddenly GarageBand worked with all the presets.

AMPLITUBE 5 MAX
But then my presets wouldn't load in Amplitube, and I finally found the fix:
Mac System Preferences > Privacy and Security > Privacy > Files and Folders
You can grant permissions for each app, and I didn't have Document folder allowed for Amplitube. Once I checked that, all my presets loaded.

Hope this helps someone else.
stockpups

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling