Amplitube SVX sounds different from Ampeg SVX

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube SVX sounds different from Ampeg SVX

Postby miguelfalcaobass » Wed Jul 17, 2024 3:56 pm

In the past years I used a lot the "SVT-4 PRO - "Bright Pick" setting of the Ampeg SVX/Amplitube 3 in the studio. However, in the new version 5, the supposedly equivalent preset "Bright Pick SVX Pro", under the legacy folder, sounds very different!

The amps knobs are at the exactly same settings, though... Not sure about the cabinet and microphones because the names also changed... I was thinking of getting the new version to my own pc, but it sounds very different! Anyone has experienced the same with this or other "equivalent" presets?... or knows why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you
miguelfalcaobass

Re: Amplitube SVX sounds different from Ampeg SVX

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:14 pm

AmpliTube 5 brought an updated audio engine and a HUGE update to the speaker/cabinet technology (VIR technology with many many more measurements per speaker, etc) to improve the sound quality.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Amplitube SVX sounds different from Ampeg SVX

Postby miguelfalcaobass » Thu Jul 18, 2024 10:47 am

Hello, Peter and thank you for your reply.

It seems like a significant transformation that I am sure that will be great.

However it still is going to alter, also significantly, the sound of projects using originally Amplitube 3 previous engine, making it impossible to acheive the same sounds of a project when porting from 3/4 to 5.

The update to version 5 changes the sounds to the point that it will require changes in parameters of each plugin, with consequences on the mix and so forth.

It would be really cool if there could be an option to include or emulate the previous engine, so that projects could be ported without having sounds completely changed, and achieving effectively a "legacy" mode.

Of course I understand there might be no business case for the hassle, since I haven't heard other complaints... but it seems like it wouldn't be too impossible to implement it.

Thanks again

M
miguelfalcaobass

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling