Mic feedback when setting up amp and speaker capture

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Mic feedback when setting up amp and speaker capture

Postby M1ckavoidant » Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:19 pm

I can't make the mic input loud enough for a capture. I get feedback before reaching the right capture level.
M1ckavoidant

Re: Mic feedback when setting up amp and speaker capture

Postby Jmunson6169 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:32 am

I'm having the same issue. I am not getting any audio from the app through my rig either. Guitar works fine, but it does sound a little phasey like the sound is looping through my cab.
Jmunson6169

Postby EduMK1970 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:21 pm

Hello guys, I have the same problem. I'm trying to capture my Blackstar HT Soloist 60 - 1x12 combo, but I can't use the ideal volume because of microphone feedback. Is there anyone from IK to help us?
EduMK1970

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:50 pm

EduMK1970 wrote:Hello guys, I have the same problem. I'm trying to capture my Blackstar HT Soloist 60 - 1x12 combo, but I can't use the ideal volume because of microphone feedback. Is there anyone from IK to help us?

If you need technical assistance please reach out to IK Support via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/sw and they will assist you directly thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby M1ckavoidant » Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:49 pm

I gave it another go, and there was no feedback. I don't know what I did differently.
M1ckavoidant

Postby EduMK1970 » Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:48 am

I tried several times without success. I'll ask support for help as Peter suggested.
EduMK1970

Postby EduMK1970 » Mon Jul 15, 2024 3:13 am

Hey guys, I will post the help from IK support. The issue was solved.

Hello Eduardo,
Thanks for your patience while we got back to you. It sounds like some signal is leaking or re-routing through the interface, etc creating a feedback loop. What interface, etc are you using?

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket.

Jason W - Technical Support Supervisor
My audio device is a Tascam 4x4 and you were right – one of the output ports was misconfigured, resending the signal and thus creating a feedback loop. I've already fixed the problem and everything is working perfectly. I will post the solution on the IK Forum to help other ToneX Ecosystem users.

Best regards,

Eduardo
EduMK1970

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling