Control-Change Presets endlessly duplicating

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Control-Change Presets endlessly duplicating

Postby unboundedproductions » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:21 am

I control my AmpliTube 5 max with a midi program on my android tablet. I have customized the program to basically be a pedal board and each switch has it's on CC#. I setup a new preset that allows me to play any of my music like it's a real rig with a pedal board. I've noticed before that I had a few duplicate CC Preset duplicate parameters. It seemed to be doing it when I'd click on a pedal and assign the bypass via the GUI. I went into the settings and added several racks fx that I had added as well. Everything was fine at this point, because I deleted the few extra duplicates of the pedals easily.

I shut down the program and went to eat. When I came back and opened it back up I had literally thousands of duplicates of everything except where I change the channel on the amp. The pedals had about 50 duplicates each, and each rack fx bypass had around 500 duplicates. The only way to manage it was to just delete all of the custom control change parameters and set them up again without closing the program or touching the controller at all.

The whole point of setting this up is to be able to change tones live without having the weird pause between program changes. To do so I'll need to add multiple CCs for each tone I need, and that will be large and confusing enough without having thousands of duplicates. Does anyone know if there's a way to delete all of the custom CC presets without having to click remove on every single one? I know the pedals can be done easily by doing it in the GUI.

The only thing I can figure out about what's causing it is reordering fx and pedals maybe. Also, is there a better place to actually report bugs about AmpliTube?
unboundedproductions

Re: Control-Change Presets endlessly duplicating

Postby Noblits » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:48 am

You can use an external MIDI editor software to edit your CC presets and delete the duplicates. This can be a more efficient way to manage large numbers of CC presets.
Always be creative and don't copy.
a small world cup
Noblits

Postby unboundedproductions » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:35 pm

I'm using standalone mode for what I'm doing. Is that going to work the same with a midi editing program? Also, can you give me an example of a program you are talking about. The only thing I get when I search for it are DAWs. I will be using a daw for recording but for live performances I much prefer the standalone mode.
unboundedproductions

Postby Smarty1956 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:24 pm

Noblits wrote:You can use an external MIDI editor software to edit your CC presets and delete the duplicates. This can be a more efficient way to manage large numbers of CC presets.

Can you give an example of this external midi editor software?
Smarty1956

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling