ToneX One reverb trim boosting vol instead

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

ToneX One reverb trim boosting vol instead

Postby deonw » Sat Jun 15, 2024 3:04 pm

I just got the ToneX One pedal to try and save some space on my board.
After messing around with the sw for a couple hours I *think* I understand it with the help of some YouTube videos.

The ToneX One is plugged into the PC via the USB C cable, my guitar into it, and the output into a Focusrite interface which is the default sound output.

The problem comes when I have a preset I've tweaked and saved in the editor and then transfer it into one of the slots in the Librarian. I have a tone model with *NO* reverb turned on, but when I use the Alt controls the reverb knob (far right) does nothing until about 20% and then instantly massively boosts the signal clipping my interface and destroying the tone.

There is no ramp, it's like I turned on a maxed boost pedal as soon as I hit 9 o'clock on the reverb.

More bizarrely it's obviously turning on a reverb as the actual tone disintegrates into a background wash of noise and squeal, but the preset has NO reverb turned on.

I've set the global input trim so I'm barely green when playing normally, but whatever model I load into either slot I have this issue.

What is actually going on here?
deonw

Re: ToneX One reverb trim boosting vol instead

Postby Lorismoto1972 » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:05 am

Hello, I have the same gear and I had the same problem... I solved it by replacing the TRS cable that I bought specifically with the TONEX ONE with a normal two-wire one. I assume, but someone from IK Multimedia should confirm this, that the device detects the presence of a TRS cable and adapts the output to headphone values, which ruins the input sound in the Focusrite interface. I hope this helps.
Lorismoto1972

Re: ToneX One reverb trim boosting vol instead

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:50 pm

Lorismoto1972 wrote:Hello, I have the same gear and I had the same problem... I solved it by replacing the TRS cable that I bought specifically with the TONEX ONE with a normal two-wire one. I assume, but someone from IK Multimedia should confirm this, that the device detects the presence of a TRS cable and adapts the output to headphone values, which ruins the input sound in the Focusrite interface. I hope this helps.

If you'd like to confirm and resolve any issue please open a ticket with IK Support and they will assist you directly. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling