"Preset Next" changes every track in 8-track recorder

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

"Preset Next" changes every track in 8-track recorder

Postby mjrmjr » Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:14 pm

Hi,

I've just set up a midi footswitch (M-Vave Chocolate) with Amplitube 5.7.5 so that one of the foot-switches is linked to the "Preset Next" control, and another one to the "Preset Previous" control. This works fine when I am just playing around in Gear view (without trying to do any multi-tracking), and is a really convenient way to audition different sounds without having to reach for my mouse / keyboard.

However, let's say I want to use the 8-track recorder. I record Track 1 using the first Amplitube 5 preset "80's". I am happy with this, so I arm Track 2 to record another track.

At this point I want to audition various presets to find something that works well with the preset I have chosen for Track 1. Let's say I start off with the first Amplitube CS preset "Appetite". This doesn't sound great with Track 1, so I click on my "Preset Next" button and Track 2 moves to the next Amplitube CS preset "Bad Rock" (just as expected).

However, the preset for Track 1 *also* moves to the next preset (in this case, the preset after "80's" which is "DZ Power").

And if I have three tracks, then the same happens - every single track moves on to whatever preset comes after the preset they are already on

Is there anyway to restrict the "Preset Next" control change to the currently selected track? Am I missing something obvious? Otherwise "Preset Next" and "Preset Previous" are unusable in 8-track mode, which is a real pity!
mjrmjr

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling