Transfer Software to different laptop

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Transfer Software to different laptop

Postby Amedal » Sun May 26, 2024 12:09 am

Hey all,

I purchased Amplitube 5 Max and Tonex Max last year for my laptop (Win10), I will not be using that laptop anymore. Can I transfer that software to a different new laptop, running MacOs? Do I have to pay for the software again since I’m gonna be using a Mac laptop?

Thanks!
Amedal

Re: Transfer Software to different laptop

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 27, 2024 3:16 am

You can unauthorize the software on the old laptop before you uninstall it then you can install and authorize the software on your new laptop with no issues via IK Product Manager and you'll be good to go.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Amedal » Mon May 27, 2024 3:31 am

Thanks for the reply Peter, I’ll do that.

Im assuming I can also back up all my Amplitube 5 projects and paste them later on the Mac laptop? Or do indeed to use a specific migration process to transfer them to my new MacBook?

Thanks!
Amedal

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 27, 2024 2:46 pm

You would need to back up the directory where you saved them and transfer that to the new computer.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Amedal » Tue May 28, 2024 3:09 am

Excellent, thank you!!
Amedal

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling