can only hear cleans and no effects?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

can only hear cleans and no effects?

Postby Ibanezboy21 » Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:20 pm

is there a simple fix for this?

if i use another stand alone amp sim like amped-roots it works fine but for some reason when i use AmpliTube 5 i could only hear cleans of my guitar (direct monitoring?) if i try play a preset with high gain/distortion or play with any of the effect pedals, the sound is muddy and muffed as if the signal is not getting processed or something, any ideas?

my setup is guitar>motu m2 audio interface> usb c to laptop
Ibanezboy21

Re: can only hear cleans and no effects?

Postby EVH_Guy515O » Sat Jul 01, 2023 5:12 pm

I'm having the same problem.

NO ONE seems to care or be helping.
EVH_Guy515O

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jul 02, 2023 5:14 pm

Other users may chip in with suggestions later.

Meanwhile, as this is not a company Support forum, the best thing to do is contact Technical Support via the IKM web site, for some one to one diagnosis and help. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Stompy231 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:01 pm

I wonder if it's the same or similar issue I noticed with ToneX Pedal. In high gain presets with an aggressive gate, after the gate kicks in, the clean-ish (DI?) signal continues ringing out. It's even possible then to play very softly and have just that sound heard without the gate engaging.

I posted this in the forum just yesterday.
Stompy231

Postby T2Traylor » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:50 am

Stubled across your post while searching the forums for another issue.

Try simply turning off the direct monitoring in AmpliTube. Also, you can click on the "cabinet page" of the one you're using and turn off DM as well.n I would do it globally. Additionally, check your input/output setting to ensure those are correct. Lastly, ensure you've eliminated all clipping on AmpliTube and on your DI.

Good luck!
T2Traylor

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling