Why is MAX v2 a paid update?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Why is MAX v2 a paid update?

Postby Synsongs27 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:04 pm

Can anyone elaborate why is v2 a paid upgrade to MAX?

Being a keyboard player, I got into Amplitube with the CS version, thinking that buying the Joe Satriani Collection would allow me to use these presets. But I was wrong. After paying EUR 41,- I could not use half of them because they referenced to a "higher" version of Amplitube.
So I upgraded the same day to Amplitube 5 for another EUR 100,- and was still not able to use what I wanted, because this would require ... you guessed it ... MAX.
Okay, I shelled out another almost EUR 200,- immediately to get MAX. It included the collection I had purchased before so that money was down the drain.
Now, one year later, IT Multimedia requests another EUR 240,- to get to the v2 version. That seems to be one of the most expensive Amp plugins in history ;-)

And ... I have no idea if v2 finally solves all the issues like catastrophic scroll wheel support, loads of crashes when browsing presets etc.
Synsongs27

Re: Why is MAX v2 a paid update?

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:31 pm

there seems to be some confusion here.

As I understand it, the Joe Satriani collection will load snd run in AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop. AT5 MAX is not required.

AT5 MAX v2 is a paid upgrade as it includes more gear models.
AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 now includes the popular AmpliTube MESA/Boogie 2 collection, all 4 virtual X-GEAR pedals, and for a limited time the new AmpliTube Morley Collection for a total of 437 gear models to explore.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/?pkey=amplitube-5-max-v2#whatsnew

I suggest that you contact Sales / Order Support via the IKM web site, who can look at your User Account and see what's going on.. Search the FAQs first, as there may be relevant results. After that, you should see a [Contact Support] button at the bottom of the page, linking you to the Support form. Explain your circumstances and why you thought you had to make those additional purchases.

Moderators and Administrators here have no access to Users Accounts.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Synsongs27 » Mon Jul 03, 2023 12:42 pm

Many thanks for your reply, DarkStar. Much appreciated.

The Satriani collection did actually work in that some presets loaded fine, but at least in the version I got for download, there were references to devices which were not part of CS. This is why I constantly got that noise. Not sure if there was something wrong with my setup, but it was only solved after updating.

I do understand the "more gear models" part, however there are a number of companies who provide enhanced updates at least for some time without artificially adding a v2 to justify an upgrade price.

Like I said I already paid over 350 EUR for what I have today (including a large number of bugs when using it in Logic Pro X) and the most recent purchase price for v2 full (new purchase) is 299 EUR. So I already overpaid and should now pay again 240 EUR for an upgrade?

And that´s by the way the price of a fully featured Cubase 12 Pro, which (I dare to say) is a bit more complex than amp and gear simulations.

Sorry to say, but it really is hard to suggest Amplitube to some of my keyboard playing friends under these circumstances.
Synsongs27

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jul 04, 2023 10:21 pm

AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 added $300 worth of gear for half that, that is the reason for the upgrade price. There were also offers sent offering discounts, I'd suggest signing up for the IK newsletter if you didn't receive that particular offer and want to ensure you get them going forward but note that particular offer is no longer valid as AmpliTube 5 MAX v2 has been out for months. There may be future offers for AmpliTube 5 MAX users though.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling