Custom IR Import Questions

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Custom IR Import Questions

Postby uv777bk2023 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:39 pm

I've only had my TONEX Pedal / TONEX Max for a few days but it is, by far, the most impressive bit of guitar gear I've ever had!

Since the TONEX software allows importing of Custom IRs I figured I'd start adding my collection of files. To begin with, it would be nice if you could select more than one file at a time to import. I got as far as importing 64 files and now I can't import any more. I tried restarting the application a few times but to no avail. Is there a limit with the Max version? Or maybe there's a folder where I can just drag-drop the wav files to...?

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm using MacOS 10.15 Catalina.

Cheers!
Paul
uv777bk2023

Re: Custom IR Import Questions

Postby uv777bk2023 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:06 pm

OK, so, to (maybe) answer my own question...

I thought this might have something to do with path length (in characters). To test, and I realize this may not be the actual issue, I created a shortcut in MacOS Finder to the folder the IR files were located in. I then deleted the original imports then started over. And, for whatever reason, it worked.

The whole thing made no real sense, though. TONEX imported most of the IRs and then stopped. The other files I wanted to import had the exact same character length.

Either way, I'm just glad I found an odd workaround :geek:
uv777bk2023

Postby HareWolt12 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:23 am

Regarding your question about importing Custom IRs, it's possible that there is a limit to the number of files you can import at once. You may want to try importing them in smaller batches instead of all at once.

Alternatively, you could try manually copying the IR files into the appropriate folder on your computer. The location of this folder will depend on the specific operating system you're using, but it should be easy to find with a quick online search.

If you're still having trouble after trying these suggestions, it might be a good idea to reach out to TONEX support for further assistance.
HareWolt12

Postby JamCody90 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:17 pm

Where are the IR files located on my mac? I captured a profile of a stomp/ amp combo and it works fine. However, I want to be able to export the IR of my rig as a .wav for use/ upload to another unit. Is this possible?
JamCody90

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling