Amplitube 5 "upgrade" to Amplitube 5 max v2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 "upgrade" to Amplitube 5 max v2

Postby MECAISTE » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:50 am

Hello:
I've recently purchase a ToneX Pedal. It comes with Amplitube 5 and TONEX MAX. I would like to upgrade from Amplitube 5 to Amplitube 5 Max v2 but the upgrade is just simply to buy de AMPLITUBE 5 MAX V2 which right now comes with the TONEX MAX. Since I already have the TONEX MAX could I give away the TONEX MAX to anyone or Are the bonded together so I can't do so? or the other way around, could I give the Amplitube 5 that comes with the TONEX pedal to anyone and buy the Amplitube 5 MAX V2?
Thanks
MECAISTE

Re: Amplitube 5 "upgrade" to Amplitube 5 max v2

Postby Sharmon123@ » Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:12 pm

Bundled software can not be transferred out of the bundle. Your pedal has the licenses attached to it. The licensing still has to be ironed out . Because of IK fragmented licensing most clients have the partial licensing. For example I have Axe IO/SE bundle / Amp 5.0 Max stand alone / Tonex Max stand alone. IK makes you rebuy the whole bundle if you want to upgrade so I am waiting a bit. My partner has a massive Youtube channel and licensing whether fair or not has become a very hot topic. Waves is an example of what not to do. We will see , I would love to buy the pedal for just the pedal and get a better deal BECAUSE I already bought the full software. Customer recognition and loyalty programs are important to most , everyone likes to be treated as an individual and appreciated.

Cross upgrading is ok but when it gives the message that the person buying the maxxed out product last year will get the same as the person that bought the coffee mug with the software logo on it , it rubs the wrong way tbo.
Sharmon123@

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling