are there any ways to still buy Amplitube 4 ?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

are there any ways to still buy Amplitube 4 ?

Postby SenecaReader2 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 am

The reason being that what sold me on Amplitube was the Powerball in v3 and v4. The new versions don't sound the same. I have it on my Ipad Pro and am very happy with it but I have always wondered if the desktop version is even better
SenecaReader2

Re: are there any ways to still buy Amplitube 4 ?

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 31, 2023 10:08 am

It is very unlikely that AT4 is still available from any retail outlets. You would need to find someone who wants to Transfer the AT4 Serial Number to you.

Try asking on KvR Audio's Buy and Sell forum
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby SenecaReader2 » Wed May 31, 2023 11:19 am

thanks, that could be an idea worth trying
SenecaReader2

Postby SenecaReader2 » Wed May 31, 2023 6:00 pm

got it! after testing and comparing the Powerball in the two versions, I am glad to say that the IOS version is ABSOLUTELY not inferior! The IOS version may in fact be better, both for how it sounds and how it feels. IF there's any differences, they are microscopic and trivial ones that no one could ever care about, and they are unrelated to quality. I am VERY picky, bordering on the excessive and insane level. Been tinkering with and obsessing over guitar gear for 25 years.

So, kudos to IK for making available such a monster amp sim on IOS!
SenecaReader2

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling