Old Installers in IK Product Manager

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Old Installers in IK Product Manager

Postby emurphy94108 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:03 am

I just installed AmpliTube 5, Custom Shop, and IK Product Manager on my new MacBook Pro M2 Max laptop. Yay! But when I copied the IK Multimedia folder from the Documents folder of my old laptop, I discovered that the folder (which should be mainly presets I would think) is 30 gigabytes. Nearly all of that—28 GB—is comprised of old AmpliTube 5 installers as .dmg files, from v. 5.5.3 all the way back too 5.0.2.

Is there any reason to keep any of these things? Other than maybe the last two versions? Seems like an awful waste of storage space to keep two- and three-year old installers. I'm guessing the early versions aren't even Apple Silicon-native.
emurphy94108

Re: Old Installers in IK Product Manager

Postby DarkStar » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:55 pm

You probably do not need to keep them - they should all still be available in your User Area / My products section too.

PS In the IKPM Preference Settings you can select a different folder to be used for the downloads. That way you would not clutter up your Documents folder.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling