Can't get AmpliTube 5 to work

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can't get AmpliTube 5 to work

Postby reney » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:35 am

I bought AmpliTube 5 a few months ago to install on a new iMac 10 core/128GB RAM and to use with a Steinberg UR22 and Cubase Pro 11. I cannot get it to work at all. If I run the stand-alone, I get no input or output signals, even though the UR22 is selected as the device. Just raw guitar.

If I add AmpliTube 5 to an audio track in Cubase, every single preset is marked with the white triangle with an exclamation mark, and there is that intermittent white noise as if my copy is not authorized.

I ran the product manager, made sure AmpliTube 5 is authorized (even de-authorized and re-authorized). No change. I'm stumped. This never happened with AmpltTube 4 or 3. And I really don't like the new interface either. Seems like AmpliTube 4 had way more presets and was way easier to use. But I'm willing to give it a shot if I can just get it to work.

Any clues?
reney

Re: Can't get AmpliTube 5 to work

Postby AndreasJBlack » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:35 pm

You're not alone. Mine stopped working aswell. I've reinstalled, unregistrered in the IK Product Manager, re-authorized, then tried to re-install and re-authorized, rebooted the computer, etc. For me the plugin loads up but all amps are gone! I've installed the custom shop, inside of the plugin i've tried to click "restore purchases" but nothing. The hell is this? I also have the most annoying bug in my daw where the double tracks are uneven! So if i route one left track and a right track into the plugin, one of the sides will have way more volume then the other even tho the amp settings everything should be the same (copy pasted). This never were a problem in Amplitube 4. :(

IK Multimedia what is going on? Amplitube 5 sounded amazing when it worked, but the doubletracking annoyed me from the start. The one way to get it "right" is to load two plugins which is not the case again with Amplitube 4 if i route two tracks pan em left right, No problem! Equal volume. Strange bug..........But yeah, now i can't even use the software so...........Frustrating to say the least!

I have the following AmpliTube Joe Satriani
Registered On 2020-11-19
AmpliTube MAX
Registered On 2020-09-13
AmpliTube 5 CS
Registered On 2020-12-27
AmpliTube 5 SE
Registered On 2020-12-27

And it says "AmpliTube 5
9 authorizations left
Installed Version 5.3.0"
AndreasJBlack

Postby DarkStar » Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:43 pm

To both of you:

As this is primarily a user to user forum, not official Technical Support, other users may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby reney » Sun Mar 27, 2022 8:16 pm

Thanks Darkstar, I am aware this is a user forum. I thought maybe someone else had run into these issues and solved them. I finally found the red button to contact support...they sure hide it well...and submitted a ticket. I will report back here if I get a solution, in case anyone else can benefit from it.
reney

Postby reney » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:50 pm

After some back and forth with IKMultimedia support, we finally zeroed in on the issue. They told be to make sure this button in the top right was set to only show gear I own:

It was already set that way, but apparently I was seeing gear I don't own just the same. I toggled it to the other setting and then back. Now it only shows gear I own, the warning icon is gone from the presets, and I no longer hear the white noise.
reney

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:57 pm

It has three settings, it is not a simple toggle. It will show gear you own, gear you don't own, or all gear. Just in case anybody else is confused.

This Gear Selector is also covered in the AmpliTube 5 User Manual installed with the product as well as available in your IK Product Manager and IK User Area.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby reney » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:37 pm

Thanks for the clarification Peter. Perhaps I should have said "cycled" instead of "toggled". For the record, it was already set as shown in the screen shot, but only functioned correctly after cycling through its choices.
reney

Postby Pr3ttyLitch » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:36 pm

I followed the step above. CS is working fine and it says I have registered SE correctly. However, "Restore My Purchases" is not working...
Pr3ttyLitch

Postby Sonic*7 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:49 pm

I can't. open the product manager, I can't open the custom shop. Should I uninstall the authorization manager ? The product manager seems to make that redundant ? I just paid $29.00 for an amp and I can't use it , WTH is going on here ?
Sonic*7

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling