Amplitube 5: Presets not working imediatly

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5: Presets not working imediatly

Postby cedd0_ » Sat May 07, 2022 9:16 pm

Hello:
I have a weird issue with Amplitube 5. For me, some presets produce some different sound for a brief moment before working correctly. For example, this is very clearly noticeable with the "Enter Sandman Riff" preset from IK Multimedia from ToneNet.
This issue is especially annoying when using a midi controller to change the preset in the middle of a song.

I was wondering if anyone else has this issue and if this is known to IK multimedia, since I wasn't able to find anything via Google search.

Greetings

Cedric
cedd0_

Re: Amplitube 5: Presets not working imediatly

Postby Boogieshoes » Sun May 08, 2022 4:14 pm

Sounds to me like you are changing presets while playing and there is a latency problem while the software buffers flip to the new ‘patch’ or settings. I can’t be sure as I don’t use midi control to flip settings and have not used AT5 like that in a live playing situation.
Boogieshoes

Postby cedd0_ » Mon May 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Hm I assumed that would be a standard feature for an amp sim to allow seamlessly switch between presets. :cry:
cedd0_

Postby Boogieshoes » Mon May 09, 2022 2:12 pm

I cannot be sure if I what I said was right, and yes people apparently do use AT in live environments so it is technically possible to be done. What I found was that I had the base PC hardware that IK say that AT5 will work with and it has not been a bed of roses at all.

I don't know exactly what PC hardware you are using, but there are things that can affect how everything works. It 'may be' that the software once setup on one patch can play and sound ok, but then the hardware is not fast enough/able to buffer data and change sounds without some sort of 'hiccup' which I have termed latency.

Your best bet is to raise a tech support query with IK and hopefully you'll get better clarity and a solution. [mod redacted - unnecessary and please review the rules]
Boogieshoes

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling