New Mac, no chance to install AT4 - presets sound awful now

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

New Mac, no chance to install AT4 - presets sound awful now

Postby jmam5000 » Tue May 03, 2022 4:15 pm

Hey all - long time lurker, first time poster! A loyal IK and AT user, I'm posting here because I encountered a serious problem. Hopefully one of you has a solution.

I created my own presets on Amplitube 4 which I used for many of my recordings. I recently moved to an M1 Mac, purchased Amplitube 4 (not 5!) and tried to install it on the new Mac in order to use my old custom presets. However, IK Multimedia has completely sunsetted Amplitube 4 on its installer and forces me to install Amplitube 5 now (that was also the response I got from customer support).

However, there is a big problem with this given that my old custom presets sound really horrible in Amplitube 5 (in light of the new audio engine).

My question: is there ANY way I can get Amplitube 4 installed on my M1 Mac? I am starting to get really desperate about this… Thanks for your help.
jmam5000

Re: New Mac, no chance to install AT4 - presets sound awful

Postby jmam5000 » Wed May 04, 2022 9:31 am

anyone? :-(
jmam5000

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 04, 2022 5:06 pm

As no there users have commented, the best thing to do is Search the FAQs first, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jmam5000 » Wed May 04, 2022 6:28 pm

Thanks DarkStar, I tried via Support but the answers were rather cryptic and the IK staff pretty much repeatedly just told me that AT4 is not available anymore :-/
jmam5000

Postby DarkStar » Wed May 04, 2022 6:37 pm

Reply to any email from Support and ask for further guidance
(a) how to install AT4 on your system
(b) if that is not possible, why not?
(c) why the AT4 presets should sound so different in AT5.

Can you send Support an AT4 preset that sounds different in AT5, maybe with recordings showing the difference?

Maybe another user using AT4, or with AT4 presets in AT5 will chip in.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby supanorton » Thu May 05, 2022 4:01 am

I can’t help with installing AT4, but all my AT4 presets need tweaking in AT5. I’m running a 2016 MacBook Pro.
supanorton

Postby DarkStar » Thu May 05, 2022 5:50 pm

^^^
A lot of tweaking or just a nudge?

Maybe you can give an example?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jmam5000 » Fri May 06, 2022 9:08 am

In my case, all AT4 presets sound so different, they are unusable. However, there have been a range of posts on this forum "complaining" about the same thing.
jmam5000

Postby supanorton » Fri May 06, 2022 11:27 am

DarkStar wrote:^^^
A lot of tweaking or just a nudge?

Maybe you can give an example?

I find that almost all the presets that were imported from AT4 require A LOT of tweaking in AT5. In my opinion, the Fender 1 and 2 presets are the worst. I deleted my personal AT4 presets from AT5 and made new ones.

The new artist collections and artist presets for AT5 are the most usable.
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Fri May 06, 2022 11:43 am

jmam5000 wrote:In my case, all AT4 presets sound so different, they are unusable. However, there have been a range of posts on this forum "complaining" about the same thing.

Agreed. Fortunately, AT5 does sound better than AT4, so I don't mind coming up with new presets. AT5's TONEnet has also been a fairly useful resource for new presets.
supanorton

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling