Amplitube 5 standalone and Steinberg UR22 sound issue

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 standalone and Steinberg UR22 sound issue

Postby Icantplaytheblues91 » Thu May 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Hi.

I just got a Steinberg UR22 and wanted to use it with Amplitube 5 standalone to practice at home with headphones on. But I cannot get any decent sound out of amplitube. I am trying the free trial version for now and I can only get a very faint signal if i turn the input and output way up and set an amp at 10. But mostly I just hear a lot of hissing with a faint guitar in the background.
I have checked that the UR22 is using 48Khz sampling rate and Amplitube is using it as well. I also have the ASIO driver for the Steinberg installed.
Hope anyone can help.
Icantplaytheblues91

Re: Amplitube 5 standalone and Steinberg UR22 sound issue

Postby garfy » Thu May 20, 2021 4:39 pm

Hello Icantplaytheblues91 and welcome to the forum.

So, first thing to do is to turn down any outputs to a conservative level while you're trying to fault find. There's nothing like fixing a problem at random and getting a blast from your headphones. I would also chose the default preset in AT5 to start with something normal to get it all working.

The obvious thing with the UR22 is that input 2 is the instrument input, so make sure your guitar is plugged into that and you have switched the Hi-Z switch in. You will also need to make sure that input 2 is chosen as the left input in AT5 Audio/MIDI setup.

You should also have the mix knob on the UR22 turned all the way clockwise to point at DAW. Now as you turn up the gain on input 2 you should be able to see a signal register on the input meters in AT5 and you should be able to hear your guitar being processed in your headphones.

Let us know how you get on.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby DevinBooth403 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:20 am

Glad someone else is using the UR22, I'm assuming since the OP didn't respond that his/her issue was fixed, I'll be setting mine up tomorrow when my Strat comes in. Will be coming back here if I have any issues, but wanted to thank garfy for the earlier response since I never even realized that input 2 was for instruments ... so thanks!
DevinBooth403

Postby garfy » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:46 pm

Hi DevinBooth403 and welcome to the forum.

Glad to help and this is why we try and keep the topics with useful information on the forum.

However, you are correct. The OP hasn't returned so hopefully he got his issue sorted.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy. 

If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling