Where can I find this OLD Amplitube amp?

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Where can I find this OLD Amplitube amp?

Postby pkhata » Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:31 pm

Not sure if you can see the jpg I tried to insert, but it's a screenshot of an old Amplitube amp. I used it maybe 10 or 15 years ago as a ProTools plugin and really liked the sound. It's a British amp from an early Amplitube release, maybe even 1.0. I don't think it's currently available. Does anyone know which of the current amp models might replicate this model?

In case you aren't seeing the jpg, this amp allowed you to choose Pre Models of SState Clean, Vintage Clean, Tube Clean, British Crunch, Modern Hi-Gain, SState Lead, and Fuzz. And you could choose EQ Models of Tube American, Tube American 2, British Class A, Tube British, and Tube British 2. And choose Amp Models of SState 100W, SState 30W, Tube 100W, and Tube 50W. And Cabinet Models of Small Combo, Open Back 1x12, Open Back 1x12 #2, Vint. Open 4x10, Mod. Closed 4x10, Vint. Closed 4x12, Mod. Closed 4x12, British 2x12. Then there were the usual Gain, Low, Mid, High, Presence, and Volume controls, as well as Reverb and Tremolo. There were also Dynamic vs Condensor, Off or On axis, and Far or Near mic choices.

Thanks for any help.
pkhata

Re: Where can I find this OLD Amplitube amp?

Postby Huddy_IK » Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:22 pm

Welcome to the IK Forum! :D

You would be referring to AmpliTube 1, the original version from years ago.

This is a discontinued legacy product and is not currently available from IK Multimedia directly nor 3rd party dealers. You may have luck searching online but given its age, that may be tough. This will also not work on newer systems, so please be aware there.

As for the models, check out the User Manual from pg. 23 on, available here:
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/80604 ... =23#manual
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Re: Where can I find this OLD Amplitube amp?

Postby pkhata » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:31 pm

Thanks very much, that helps. Based on the way I had set it (sorry the jpg isn't visible), I think the amp I was modeling was a Vox AC30 in a 2x12 cabinet. So hopefully, using that model (which is still available, of course), will get me close to the sound i got in Amplitube 1.0.
pkhata

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling