AmpliTube 5 Rack Midi

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5 Rack Midi

Postby lorne.white » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:19 pm

I am really enjoying the updates to AT5. I use MIDI to control my stomp and rack effects. The stomp bypass works as in AT4 but with the redesigned racks, I don't see how to bypass them.

In AT4 there was an On/Off switch you could use, but I don't see the equivalent in AT5. Can someone enlighten me. Tx
lorne.white

Re: AmpliTube 5 Rack Midi

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:43 pm

Is this it?
For each pedal there is an associated menu appearing in the Gear View Bar, this menu displays the name of the pedal that is loaded and lets you bypass that model or browse for a different one.

On the top left corner of the Stomp View a global bypass button is placed to simultaneously bypass all the current stomps placed in that section.

The Gear View Bar is below the stomps and the Bypass is the power button, I think.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Kjeldor » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:10 pm

The power button is the bypass. But the rack effects power button can not be assigned any MIDI.

A workaround might be to choose stomp effects in the rack. At least for the ones you want to control the power/bypass with MIDI.
Kjeldor

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:27 am

You should be able to add in the Control Change --> Preset (not Global) section of the Control preferences and there is the ability to add the Bypass of the gear you have in the rack. I did it in Rack A to test but should work similarly in other racks.

Once added, you can set the CC#, Mix, Max, Curve, and Latch or use Learn.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Abikis » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:11 am

Peter_IK wrote:You should be able to add in the Control Change --> Preset (not Global) section of the Control preferences and there is the ability to add the Bypass of the gear you have in the rack. I did it in Rack A to test but should work similarly in other racks.

Once added, you can set the CC#, Mix, Max, Curve, and Latch or use Learn.

I believe he's talking about the ability to bypass the rack section entirely, not turn on/off individual effects. This used to be an option and appears to have been removed.

As an inconvenient workaround you can set everything in the rack to the same CC#, but hopefully IK will give us back this, and the other missing midi options from AT4.
Abikis

Postby lorne.white » Sat Dec 19, 2020 1:31 am

Thanks for all the replies. Yes, I was looking at bypassing individual racks.

Playing around more, I found that having racks on the input side of the amp is the trick to setting midi individual bypass.

The interface changes wrapping the rack device into a stomp which you control. On the output side you can do the same with stomps which look like rack devices. Interesting approach.
lorne.white

Postby Lothar.vieth » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:13 pm

i have also problems with MIDI commands. I use a BlueBoard to control the Recorder functions in AT4. Since I updated to AT5 I can't control "Play", "Rec" and "Rewind" anymore. In the window of ASIO Configuration, I can assign by learn function the Buttons of my BlueBoard to "Play" or "Rewind". But after I closed this window and try to start playback by pressing BlueBoard Buttons it won't work.
Lothar.vieth

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:03 pm

Lothar.vieth wrote:i have also problems with MIDI commands. I use a BlueBoard to control the Recorder functions in AT4. Since I updated to AT5 I can't control "Play", "Rec" and "Rewind" anymore. In the window of ASIO Configuration, I can assign by learn function the Buttons of my BlueBoard to "Play" or "Rewind". But after I closed this window and try to start playback by pressing BlueBoard Buttons it won't work.

If other users haven't shared this experience and have suggestions, I'd suggest opening a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support if you have not done so already for direct and official technical assistance.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling