Amplitube 5 needs a restart after being on for a few days

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 needs a restart after being on for a few days

Postby WRod » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:01 pm

.....At least on my computer it does. Ive gotten various kinds of behavior after leaving A5 on for a couple of days. From levels clipping to not being able to change presets to just becoming plain old unresponsive.

Not a big deal since a restart fixes the issue for a couple of days and i get it, its newer software thats going to have some bugs that need worked out, but there are no doubt things that need ironed out. Pretty happy regardless.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Re: Amplitube 5 needs a restart after being on for a few day

Postby livesforrap » Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:33 pm

Interesting. I've never done that. I shut my computer off every night (unless I forget).

If it's windows with a USB audio interface, mine goes wonky sometimes. I never have it go bad during a session, but it will simply stop working sometimes and I have to close the host and reopen it (but I don't usually require a restart.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby WRod » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:30 am

livesforrap wrote:Interesting. I've never done that. I shut my computer off every night (unless I forget).

If it's windows with a USB audio interface, mine goes wonky sometimes. I never have it go bad during a session, but it will simply stop working sometimes and I have to close the host and reopen it (but I don't usually require a restart.

Windows with an RME driver which are some of the best. Thats not to say its definitely not a driver issue but normally those drivers play pretty well. as a matter of fact, that driver has been SO stable, and given me so few problems (none that i recall) that i never even gave it a thought in this case, so i appreciate you bringing it to my attention.

On the other hand ive run into a fair amount of "quirkiness" with A5. Not only the aforementioned issue, but other things such as playing nicely with other programs and recognizing certain routing configurations. Issues that i know other folks have had as well.

As a side note: im sure you know exactly what youre doing. Just thought it may be worth mentioning that turning your computer of every night is not the recommended course of action. I used to do it and never had an issue when i did but it might be something worth researching.
Amplitube 5 Max/Windows 10
WRod

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:00 am

That's what I have, an RME babyface pro. I dunno, sometimes it just stops working. I've got that usb off after no use thingy turned off.

AT5 is great here BUT I use it with Studio one and not the standalone.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling