Trial gear not showing up in Amplitube 4

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Trial gear not showing up in Amplitube 4

Postby cpolicari » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I'm finding the whole Amplitube experience to be extremely frustrating and counterintuitive. After months of going back and forth with tech support, my account finally works, and I can use the gear I've purchased.

Now I'd like to try some more gear. So I open up the custom shop, click the trial on a few amps (The copper and blue plate vox models) and a stompbox (the SD1 model), confirm that I'm on trial, see the timer ticking down the time I have left on trial, then... they're nowhere to be found.

The amps don't appear in any amp selection menu, and the stompbox does not appear in any stompbox menu. It's not that they're greyed out; they just aren't there.

I've got the custom shop app open at the same time, as I've seen suggested.

Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?
cpolicari

Re: Trial gear not showing up in Amplitube 4

Postby supanorton » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm pretty sure the Custom Shop only works with the new AmpliTube 5. 4 will still work but there's no way to upgrade from the Custom Shop anymore.

You could install the CS version of AT5 to hear your existing gear and check out new gear, but you won't have full access to all the new gear and IRs. I think you have to upgrade to AT5 for that.

For what it's worth, I upgraded to AT5, and I'm extremely happy with all the improvements. It sounds a lot better than 4, and the IRs, rack effects, layout, mixer, etc. are a major step up. There are some incredible tones to be had.

Good luck.
supanorton

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling