Knobs that go only one way

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Knobs that go only one way

Postby sotsogm » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:28 pm

I contacted support but also wanted to post something here in case it helped: for some reason, certain rack effects and pedals seem to have knobs that won't turn in both directions using the interface. The Sat-X saturation rackmount and Phazer 10 are two examples (the Phazer-10 had the same issue for me in Amplitube 4). Interestingly, you can do a workaround by assigning a MIDI controller like an expression pedal to the knob, but that's not superconvenient.

If this isn't a great place for mentioning this, my apologies. I just thought I'd mention it here to see if anyone else had the same issue and to draw attention to a very minor inconvenience, not a showstopper bug, on a very good product.
sotsogm

Re: Knobs that go only one way

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:14 pm

Well, on mine the mousewheel only goes one way on intensity (phase 10) and "mode" on the sat x. The phase 10 is cattywampus to select (I think it's called concentric or something but whatever it is it's annoying) but the sat x can be moved in either direction.

The other knobs seem to work fine. Good catch.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling