hearing Amplitube effects on playback

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

hearing Amplitube effects on playback

Postby tonegarage » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:20 pm

here is what is happening, when i listen to a clip i have just recorded, any effects that are switched on at the time of playback listening come thru upon listening back, even though they werent on during the original recording , almost like playback of a recording is being routed through amplitube as well? the effect being heard is a delay in the post amp rack section

if you understand what i mean let me know how to fix! thanks!
tonegarage

Re: hearing Amplitube effects on playback

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:39 am

Hi tonegarage

Can you give us some more info please. Is this using AT5 to record or via a DAW? If a DAW which one?
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby tonegarage » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:13 am

does it in both standalone and cubase plugin, ive got cubase elements 10.5

eg
first clip recorded without guitar delay effect
second clip after recorded with guitar delay effect
when i listen to the recording back, the delay is heard on the first clip that didnt have delay on it when recorded, so if i turn the dleay effect off when listenign back it switches it off on the recorded that had the effect assigned, is it something to do with there im putting rack effects (they are in the chain after the cabinet and before the mixer, inputs set to focusrite scarlett solo on input 2, output also set to scarlett solo, outputs 1 and 2) if i turn amplitube off when listening back, it turns all the stuff off on the recording and clean vanilla recording only
tonegarage

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:21 am

tonegarage wrote:does it in both standalone and cubase plugin, ive got cubase elements 10.5

tonegarage wrote:if i turn amplitube off when listening back, it turns all the stuff off on the recording and clean vanilla recording only

Yes, this is expected behaviour. When you record using AT, either as a DAW plugin or in the app itself, you are monitoring via the amp setup but only actually recording the dry input guitar signal, hence why if you turn off AT5 that's all you hear. This is so you can adjust settings or change whole routings in the app to get different sounds, without having to re-record your original performance.

Hope that helps.
garfy

Postby tonegarage » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:23 am

can i not just hear back the clips as they were originally recorded? i want to hear something as it should be, before putting it out there!
tonegarage

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 am

tonegarage wrote:can i not just hear back the clips as they were originally recorded?

Leave the effects switched on and you'll hear them as you want to.

tonegarage wrote:first clip recorded without guitar delay effect
second clip after recorded with guitar delay effect

To hear them as you want you'll need to record them onto separate tracks and have separate instances of AT5 for the different effect chains.

tonegarage wrote:i want to hear something as it should be, before putting it out there!

You'll need to bounce/export/render out as an audio file for the effects to stay in place before you put them out there, as your "recorded" file will just be the dry input signal.
garfy

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling