No sound from amp 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

No sound from amp 5

Postby presto26 » Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:59 am

I have not been able to get any sound from download of amplitube 5. I have AXE I/O interface and works with my amplitube 4 and works with S-Gear and THU amp sims.
I have uninstalled amplitube 5 a couple of times and have authorized and deauthorized also.
Running windows 10.
presto26

Re: No sound from amp 5

Postby Sully41J » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:45 am

Hello. I just purchased AXE I/O 5 and received it on Monday. I downloaded the software and connected the AXE and nothing worked. The software wouldn't launch.

I contacted customer support and they promptly wrote back that there was a new download.
I was able to download and update last night.

I now get a clean sound from the headphone jack of my AXE I/O but nothing else.

The software now launches and I get the default Amplitube screen.

I notice that when I strum my guitar, the meter on the AXE I/O registers but on the screen of my computer, with the Amplitube 5 software open and running, neither input or output in the bottom left and bottom right corners register anything.

I opened up my settings, went to device manager and then Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
AXE I/O is listed twice with caution signs with an "!" displayed.
I tried to uninstall and reinstall the drivers and it didn't work.

Right now, I just want to use this as a standalone device. I'd like to get this fixed. If anyone can help me out, that would be great.

My system is:
Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-10400F CPU @2.90ghz
Installed Ram 8 GB
System type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor.

Thanks.
Sully
Sully41J

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:01 pm

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are both running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mbcruz82 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:33 pm

This resolved the issue for me
- Uninstalling Amplitube 5
- Going to registry (regedit) to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/IK MULTIMEDIA and deleting Amplitube 4 and 5 folders
- Going to C > Users > Name > Appdata > Roaming > IK Multimedia and deleting Amplitube 4 and 5 folders (I noticed that there were settings files there)
- Going to Documents/ IK Multimedia and delete Amplitube 4 and 5 folders (another settings files inside)
- Installing only Amplitube 5.0.1(no Amplitube 4) dont know if reinstalling Amplitube 4 after will cause any conflict, I did not try it
mbcruz82

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling