Amplitube 5 Includes Exactly What, Help? [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 Includes Exactly What, Help? [Resolved]

Postby macguitarman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:02 am

I own Amplitube 4 as part of buying iRig...

I was able to Install and Authorize AT5, but it keeps asking to "Upgrade" at certain points within the app, so it looks like I really do not have version 5 purchased?

I want only 2 amps: 65 Deluxe Reverb, and Dual Rectifier and the 4 x12 cab...

65 Reverb = $10, Dual Rect = $35, 4 x 12 Mesa cab = $10 = $55

I also want the mic VIR Tech. Stock mics, and pedals, effects are fine...

Which AT5 incarnation to buy?

Thanks, jk
macguitarman

Re: Amplitube 5 Includes Exactly What, Help?

Postby garfy » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:01 am

Hi jk and welcome to the forum.

macguitarman wrote:I was able to Install and Authorize AT5, but it keeps asking to "Upgrade" at certain points within the app, so it looks like I really do not have version 5 purchased?

This sounds like you have installed and authorised the CS version of AT5, which gives you some but not all of the new features. If you have not 'purchased' a licence for AT5 then this is as expected.

macguitarman wrote:I want only 2 amps: 65 Deluxe Reverb, and Dual Rectifier and the 4 x12 cab...
65 Reverb = $10, Dual Rect = $35, 4 x 12 Mesa cab = $10 = $55

If you have purchased these already while using AT4, then they should be available to you in AT5CS. If you have not purchased already, it looks like the only bundle they are all included in is AT5MAX.

macguitarman wrote:I also want the mic VIR Tech. Stock mics, and pedals, effects are fine...
Which AT5 incarnation to buy?
Thanks, jk

To upgrade to have the VIR Tech view available you need to purchase AT5SE as a minimum. It would appear cheaper to upgrade to AT5SE and then buy the gear separately. But I would suggest having a look at the comparison chart to see what comes bundled at each level.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... arison.pdf

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Amplitube 5 Includes Exactly What, Help?

Postby macguitarman » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:01 pm

Thank you, understood.

mgm
macguitarman

Re: Amplitube 5 Includes Exactly What, Help? [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:05 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling