Amplitube 5 OpenGL2 Graphics Compatibility Win 10

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 OpenGL2 Graphics Compatibility Win 10

Postby neil.cummins1 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:43 pm

Hi Peter,
Alongside MODO Drum,A5 is stated as requiring OpenGL2 graphics adaptation.Is there a relatively simple method of identifying if the graphics card is compatible for OpenGL2 operation,and if not,where this can be sourced?

The reason for the question is that many of the A4>A5 threads on the forum are naturally focused towards back compatibility of previously bought collections etc,and some users may have missed this small detail in the A5 specs which could then cause some dismay if the new version doesn't work on their graphics setup.A4 does not require OpenGL2 as stated.

In my case,I have a Dell Inspiron 5748 laptop with stock Intel HD card.

What will be the limitations if this capability does not exist on the operation of the product,ie will it be degraded or totally unavailable?

Regards

Neil
neil.cummins1

Re: Amplitube 5 OpenGL2 Graphics Compatibility Win 10

Postby DarkStar » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:27 pm

OpenGL2 is over 10 years old, so you should be OK. Googling around it looks like the motherboard could support: OpenGL: 4.6

I would ask Dell (or NVIDIA ?) for confirmation.

There are tools to check the OpenGL version of your system, but I would contact Technical Support for advice first.

Or, some other IK Multimedia products need Open GL 2:
NOTE: (T-Racks 5 EQual processor requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.

You could Try that one. Or SampleTank 4 or Hammond B-3X.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Amplitube 5 OpenGL2 Graphics Compatibility Win 10

Postby neil.cummins1 » Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:18 pm

Thanks DarkStar,I have both TRacks5 EQual and ST4 functional on my machine,so I guess this confirms it,and hopefully gives some method for similarly equipped users to also check.

If there are other users who only have A4 but not the additional products you mention,my Intel HD card is Graphics 4400 running OpenGL* build 4.3,which you can view by right-clicking on the desktop background and looking at the Graphics settings and properties.

Neil
neil.cummins1

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling