Problem with Metal Distortion 2

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Problem with Metal Distortion 2

Postby cybermaster » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:07 am

I'm experiencing something weird with the Metal Distortion 2 pedal, using Amplitube 4 standalone on Windows 7. It will play fine for a moment, but then the sound fades out to static - almost like a battery dying sound - then no sound at all, except for some faint noises. After a few seconds, a crazy distorted oscillating sound fades in - sounds like a Merzbow album - then Amplitube crashes. If I switch the distortion off, the bypassed sound is fine, but if I switch it back on, the sound is still messed up. There's also an obvious audible popping sound when switching it on and off. Changing positions of the pedal in the signal chain has no effect. It behaves this way regardless of what amp is used and whatever other effects are in the chain (or no other effects).
I haven't compared to the plugin version yet to see if I get the same behavior there.

I'm using ASIO driver with 88.2kHz sample rate. I haven't experienced any crashes or problems with any other effects or amp models, only with the Metal Distortion 2. It's very strange.
cybermaster

Re: Problem with Metal Distortion 2

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:54 pm

Other users might chime in but I'd suggest that you also open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support for direct official technical support. I'm sure they can figure out what is happening and resolve the issue for you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling