Can't get custom shop to work as a VST

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Can't get custom shop to work as a VST

Postby Bassman2407 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:21 am

Hi all,

I recently purchased studio one 4 artist with the VST plugin upgrade and installed amplitube custom shop to give it a try. I have no clue how to use the effects as a VST in my DAW and I don't know how to use the sims I'm renting in the custom shop. Can anyone help?
Bassman2407

Re: Can't get custom shop to work as a VST

Postby DarkStar » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:12 am

Hello Bassman2407 and welcome to the forum.

The "AmpliTube Custom Shop" installer installs three products:
-- the AmpliTube 4 ("AT4") standalone program and plug-ins,
-- the Custom Shop standalone program,
-- the Authorization Manager standalone program.

Just to check: did you authorize AT4 using the Authorization Manager program and the AT4 Serial Number (to be found in your User Area / My Products / AmpliTube Custom Shop, the number starts with ACS40).

If so, then the AT4 plug-in should load in Studio One is the same way as any other audio plug-in.
-- make sure that the folder path where the AT4 plug-ins was installed is in Studio One's plug-ins path list
-- add the plug-in to a track which has a guitar audio clip on it.
-- load the gear models that you want to use into AT4,
-- lower the track volume just in case,
-- start playback and hear the result of the AT4 gear affecting the audio.

Or
-- play your guitar into an empty track with AT4 loaded onto it and record the input ("dry") or the track output ("wet"),
-- if you record the dry audio from your guitar then you can change the control settings or gear models in AT4 and get a wide range of sounds.

(I do not know Studio One in detail, so check its User Manual for the precise steps for the above.)

I do not know of any "rental" option. If you are referring to Trying out additional gear, then have a look at the "Trying gear" chapter in the AmpliTube Custom Shop user manual. I think that manual was installed when you installed the software. If not, then it is also in your User Area, click the [Download Resources] button in My Products / AmpliTube Custom Shop

Please note that you need to be logged in via the Custom Shop program AND you must have the Custom Shop window open in order to try out the various gear models. If the Custom Shop window is not open, the gear model will emit a noise every few seconds. This is only the case for models that you are trying out. Once you have purchased a gear model, you do not need to have the Custom Shop window open.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling