Can you even create a piano with this thing?

The SampleTank Editor is provided without direct support. However this IK user forum is available for users to share questions and solutions.

Can you even create a piano with this thing?

Postby ImperfectDrummer1 » Sun May 26, 2024 4:46 am

I'm super frustrated tonight. I've used Logic, Kontakt and Decent Sampler to make a piano instrument from samples of my mother's piano. Those three tools allow for pedal sounds, pedal up AND down notes, velocity layers and round robins. But SampleTank Editor? This thing seems so convoluted as far as making a piano instrument. Sure, round robins are there, but it appears I have to make a single zone for each velocity layer. Mine has 3 layers, and every 3 notes is a sample. I have up to 3 round robins, again pedal up and down versions, 3 velocity layers plus release sounds and pedal down sounds. I thought, why not see if I can recreate this piano for SampleTank, but it looks like it's going to take so much work (and be missing lots of features) that it's not even worth it. Am I missing something?

Also, every single time I launch the editor, it insists I enter my serial number again. So I have to log into the website, find my number, enter it and then register the app.

All of this is frustrating enough to just write it off and just use SampleTank 4 for the pretty sounds it comes with and forget about anything with any sort of complexity (unless it's a crazy synth or something, which I have no interest in doing).
ImperfectDrummer1

Return to SampleTank 4 Editor