iLoud MTM mk1 vs mk2 Upgrade

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

iLoud MTM mk1 vs mk2 Upgrade

Postby SalvoM » Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:33 pm

Hi all,

I'm intrigued by the new MK2 version, but I was wondering if IK has any plans to allow MK1 owners to switch. This could range from a simple coupon (they have done this already with the AXE I/O and the iLoud Precision series) to a more complex (Apple-style) approach, such as sending back the MK1 and paying the difference to get the MK2 directly from IK, recycling the MK1. From what I can see, the speaker cabinet appears to be the same, or is it bigger than the MK1?

Whatever approach they choose would be a plus for MK1 owners to switch over to the new series, instead of the old method of selling used to buy new.

I’m curious to hear from IK as well as other users about what they think. Is it interesting for you to re-invest money in the MK2 series?
SalvoM

Re: iLoud MTM mk1 vs mk2 Upgrade

Postby Filip_NVT » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:05 pm

I've owned MK1 for half a year so definitely not. It annoys me. Some form of upgrade how u said would be great.
Filip_NVT

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:30 pm

Registered iLoud MTM users who subscribe to our newsletters were sent a coupon for iLoud MTM MkII. If you are subscribed and didn't get the email please let us know.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby SalvoM » Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:03 am

Peter_IK wrote:Registered iLoud MTM users who subscribe to our newsletters were sent a coupon for iLoud MTM MkII. If you are subscribed and didn't get the email please let us know.

Just received it, definitely I'm going to upgrade. Do you know when this offer expires? there is no info in the email about it.
SalvoM

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Aug 29, 2024 2:44 pm

SalvoM wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Registered iLoud MTM users who subscribe to our newsletters were sent a coupon for iLoud MTM MkII. If you are subscribed and didn't get the email please let us know.

Just received it, definitely I'm going to upgrade. Do you know when this offer expires? there is no info in the email about it.

Private offers usually run through the end of the month, but there is the option to extend if there's more interest.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Filip_NVT » Sun Sep 08, 2024 10:06 pm

I didn't receive the email with the coupon. Where can i get it?

Thank you so much.
Filip_NVT

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers