SPEAKER STANDS

Discussion about IK monitors and speakers like iLoud Precison, iLoud MTM, iLoud Micro Monitor and iLoud as well as X-MONITOR software.

SPEAKER STANDS

Postby guy500 » Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:56 pm

Hi

I want to use my new iLoud MTM speakers with standalone speaker stands so that I can put them across the room - so they'd need to be 1m to 1.5m hight. However, they are only specified to work with Microphone stands. I've contacted a number of stand vendors, who say that their mic stands will not support the weight at that height, and their speaker stands won't fit the speakers.

I've tried to contact IK Media too, but they are not answering my correspondence.

Has anyone found a solution to this and recommend stands that can be used like this? I am in the UK.
guy500

Re: SPEAKER STANDS

Postby mcdjan007 » Fri Aug 09, 2024 12:19 pm

That their stands won’t fit sounds like bullshit. It’s 3/8 thread that is quite common. It’s 5/8 or 3/8 and most stands deliver rings to fit both by default. I have 2 Rode ds-1 mic stands for my desktop so can’t imagine this next stand won’t work. As long as the speaker is straight on the stand and the weight goes down in a straight line thru the base it wouldn’t be a problem. (Sorry for my rubbish English) . There is even a review that someone successfully used these for Roland guitar amp cubes so that should answer your question.
https://www.thomann.de/nl/gravity_ms_43 ... _stand.htm
mcdjan007

Return to IK Monitors and Speakers