MODO Drums & multichannel

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO Drums & multichannel

Postby nzigoman » Sat Sep 28, 2024 12:22 am

I was hoping someone could clarify something for me.

I've set up multichannel in the Modo drum mixer view for every drum component. I can see those channels in my DAW (Studio One) along with the Drum Track/Channel (seems to be the master, which can't be disabled).

I was expecting the volume of all the component channels would be the same as the master track, but it's less (verified by soloing the necessary channels).

Going back to the modo drums mixer view, I see the drum components are also being sent to the OH & room mics. I thought disabling these sends or muting the OH and room would stop anything going through master. Wrong again!

Can someone clarify how this is supposed to work? Is my reasoning correct?

What I was hoping to achieve is a channel for every component and an overhead channel. Then I can mix things as I want in my DAW. Finally, can someone explain why the volume coming through the component channels is so low? Is it a Modi thing, or maybe I'm doing something wrong in my DAW?
nzigoman

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS