Paint Bomb - Rasputin (Boney M. Cover)

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Paint Bomb - Rasputin (Boney M. Cover)

Postby veno_mk._1 » Sat May 18, 2024 10:06 pm

Hey y'all, Paint Bomb is back with another cover!

As most of y'all know, I mixed and mastered this baby using only IK Multimedia plug-ins.

Here's what I used:

-Amplitube 5 MAX
    -T-Racks 5 MAX (including JC Vocal Strip, Tape Machine Collection, etc.)
    -ARC 3
    -Mixbox
    -Bionic Drums (for drum sampling!)

You can find our cover on all streaming platforms here.

Once again, I think we outdid ourselves again! Not only does the mix sound freaking sick but our video is the best we've ever uploaded to YouTube. We had so much fun working on this one! I hope you guys love it too!

Thanks for listening y'all!

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Re: Paint Bomb - Rasputin (Boney M. Cover)

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun May 19, 2024 10:01 am

Well Jez Steve, what a fukin bomb (excuse the pun, though painfully deliberate), that's some solid rocking fukin rock dude!!

Ok, I'm jealous cause I don't know how to do vids and you guys do them so well, friggin awesome.

When you guys record for the studio session, are you all in the same room, or is it more like now when we all record in our own space and share over the internet?

It must be fun doing a video together, I'm guessing??

Nice work brother, dig it. Keep rockin and sharing. 8-)

CS. :)
"Old" never gets "Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby veno_mk._1 » Sun May 19, 2024 10:57 pm

CrazySchmidt wrote:When you guys record for the studio session, are you all in the same room, or is it more like now when we all record in our own space and share over the internet?

Hey CS,

Great question! We all record in the same space (in our case, it's a garage lol) on separate days. First we record the drums on one day, then guitar and bass on another day, then sax on another day, then finally the vocals.

After the recording is done, I take the files home with me on a flash drive and I do the mixing and mastering at my place.

Once the mix is done we record the video in the garage. Both filming and editing takes a day to complete.

Usually this whole process takes about a few weeks to finish. It's pretty quick actually! You can say that we have it setup pretty well. 8-)

Thanks for asking!

--Steve
"Dancing is forbidden." -Master Shake
veno_mk._1

Postby CrazySchmidt » Tue May 21, 2024 8:18 am

Hey Steve,

Jeez, that's quick for sure, but also very cool to have all that done so efficiently without much fuss. 8-)

I have to admit, one of the things I miss the most as I'm getting older, is playing with other musicians in the same room, I haven't done that in decades. Sure I jam a with a buddy every Friday night, but there's no band vibe, I really miss that, you guys capture that magic so well I really dig it and the video just reinforces the vibe I get from my ears.

Really glad you're posting your stuff here dude, really looking forward to the next.

Let's keep rockin,
Cheers, CS. :)
"Old" never gets "Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby Riff_Lovely » Tue May 21, 2024 8:28 pm

Steve, Great job. I enjoyed it, it was fun .Greetings to the whole band !
Riff_Lovely

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:18 pm

Hey Steve!

Absolutely stellar! Super rendition of a classic I remember hearing on the radio as a kid, extremely well played and produced and another vid that was fun and entertaining to watch! I’d say you guys are moving forward on all fronts and also sounds like a blast to put together and you’ve got it down like clockwork too!

I’m with CS, certainly miss the connection with other musicians in such an organic way….don’t take that for granted and you all will have fond memories of what you’ve accomplished in years to come!

Keep up the fantastic work and please continue to share with us! :D
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session