Tonex Software and ToneX One Pedal

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Tonex Software and ToneX One Pedal

Postby eschatts » Thu May 23, 2024 3:28 am

I am very frustrated at the moment. I have my new ToneX One Pedal hooked up to my computer with the USBC Cable and I have the software running.

I have all of Setting setup running the ASIO driver and my INput and output is set to the tone x one. I can see my input and output settings on the lower bottom.

My issue is when I am on the home screen trying to try a model and tweak it, it seems the model that is on the tonex one is running at the same time. Well I know it is.

My question is, when I am using the tonex one pedal, how do I only have the selected model from the computer running?

I am about ready to send the pedal back.

thanks for input
eschatts

Re: Tonex Software and ToneX One Pedal

Postby jacobfre » Fri May 24, 2024 2:31 pm

Had the same issue and question, so chiming in to say you're not the only one, and hoping someone can clarify for me if there's a setup or setting I'm missing or doing incorrectly. I can't find anything specifying how to really use the pedal while it's connected to the software beyond how to load already set presets to it. Are we not meant to browse and explore based on the playing of our guitar with the connected pedal?

Mine just seemed to keep stacking presets on top of each other as I went, so that by the end a "clean tweed" preset sounded like I was trying to shred with a stupid amount of reverb on it.

I have the pedal connected via USB, and it is selected as the input. I've tried using it as the output as well in the settings and also having output go to headphones from the computer, same issue.
jacobfre

Postby bajenk » Sun May 26, 2024 1:21 am

Same problem here on a mac. There is no way to browse presets in the software while using the pedal as an interface, and I've tried every audio setting in the software and system I can think of. Trying to simply browse presets in the software that are on my pedal doesn't actually do anything when they are selected. Trying to browse computer presets results in stacking of both sounds, with no way to turn off the pedal tone to actually hear the tone you want to preview. Do you actually have to import every preset just to preview them?
bajenk

Postby BarryBoo » Sun May 26, 2024 5:55 pm

Hi Guys,

Having issues full stop with this pedal, won't switch to other mode after 6 seconds, doesn't link to ToneX software, and every time I try to use librarian i am told I haven't registered the product, even when I have now three times.

Only received my unit yesterday and will be really annoyed if I have to send it back to Thoman, is there no reset procedure?
BarryBoo

Postby bajenk » Sun May 26, 2024 9:35 pm

So I’ve learned that the tonex can’t be used as an interface for playing presets when using the tonex software. Hardware monitoring is always on by design and can’t be turned off as I understand it. The software is simply a data transferring tool for the tonex one, and does not interact with pedal settings. So you would need a second interface to actually design presets in tonex software without overlap, and then transfer those to the pedal. Using it as an ‘interface’ doesn’t really work as expected which is disappointing.
bajenk

Postby Bethanyk42 » Sun May 26, 2024 10:56 pm

Found this video quite helpful for explaining the software. He is using an original Tonex, but the info applies to the Tonex One
https://youtu.be/hulUFgMELdU?si=A3td5f9YLGJSRS06
Bethanyk42

Postby tommy.royset » Tue May 28, 2024 10:52 am

I am able to use the pedal as an interface in the software. But if I find a setting I like, I have to load it to the pedal and close the software to test, and it does not sound the same... I like tonex but it is way to difficult to work with sounds from a computer, so you have to load a preset, confirm that you want to load a preset, then crawl on the floor to see if you can get it to where you want, if not, start over... not great...

I would like to be able to turn off the confirm for loading, and adjust the pedal from the software.

But I guess this is why it is priced like it is, although the big brother has the same issues

Software brings the tonex pedals from 5 to 3 stars for me :?
tommy.royset

Postby CharChar3000 » Wed Jun 05, 2024 6:46 am

I'm having the same issue as above - essentially hearing both the sound processed from the ToneX Software as well as whatever preset is active on the ToneX One pedal when trying to use it as an audio interface to audition tones from the software.

Has there been any resolution offered up for this?
CharChar3000

Postby Joehucht » Thu Jun 13, 2024 3:37 pm

Has anyone figured out how to fix this?
Joehucht

Postby vyrtual » Fri Jun 28, 2024 8:17 pm

Joehucht wrote:Has anyone figured out how to fix this?

What I do now is to use both TonexSE and Amplitube5SE, assigned to my ASIO Focusrite Scarlett2i2 audio interface, that has a direct monitor off-on switch. I work all the tone editing that way, and only once the tones are ready, I plug the Tonex One in to put the tones in with th TonexSE librarian. I can live with that, but it would be very nice if IK addresses this issue in the next firmware/software update.
vyrtual

Return to General Discussions