AmpliTube 5 CS won't download

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Re: AmpliTube 5 CS won't download

Postby Martin Cimo » Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:28 am

Thanks, Peter. I did as you suggested and managed to install it.
Martin Cimo

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:32 am

I've made sure the support team knows this is happening to some, and I do recall that sometimes OneDrive can cause issues if that manages your Documents folder but they also know that sometimes that folder is not writeable (obviously like in your case) which is not the intended behavior and shouldn't normally happen. Thanks for letting me know my suggestion worked and I hope the IK team has enough information to see what's happening for some. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube 5 CS won't download - My Solution

Postby spantini » Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:23 pm

I found a solution that worked for me.

I'm Windows 10 Home trying to Update my Amp 5 CS V5.7 to V5.8.1 via IK Product Manager and it won't download. It begins, then makes it to some small percentage and freezes with no pop-ups telling me what's happening. Soo..

I close Product Manager and go to IK website. There, I sign-in and look at my products. There is a button to "download" 5.8.1 for Windows - I click download and it begins. Looking at download progress, I see it moving along no problem. Very slow, but steady - says it will take 2 Hrs (!!!). It keeps going but stops after 15 min or so. This is where it's different from the Product Manager. . . after it stops, it indicates a dropped internet connection and offers to resume/retry (Product Manager gave no help like this). I click resume and it continues, no problem. The download stops again after 15 min and I repeat the resume to get it going again. I keep doing this every 15 minutes until it finally finishes 2+ Hrs later.

Since this wasn't done via the Product Manager's online connection, the update didn't self-install. Soo. . .

I move the UNextracted 5.8.1 .zip folder to the same folder as 5.7 and previous versions. Then I go back and open the IK Product Manager, scroll to my Amp 5 CS 5.7 and click the Update button - again. This time it sees the new 5.8.1 in my folder and launches the installation, which proceeds normally as all previous versions have. A quick glance and I see that 5.8.1 is listed as my current version. Whoopie!

I did contact Support with my problem and they got back to me in less than 10 minutes (that's wild). They suggested I go to My Products and download from there. So. . many MANY thenks to Support for a very quick and VERY helpful response.
spantini

Postby PedroEstandislau » Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:42 am

Executei como Administrador o ícone atalho "IK Product Manager" da pasta => "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs".

Funcionou para mim. Boa sorte aos próximos usuários. Vlw pessoal.
PedroEstandislau

Previous

Return to General Discussions