iRig does not see my guitar

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig does not see my guitar

Postby robcragg » Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:56 pm

Sorry to be off topic, but I’m struggling to find answers for my new purchase. Hoping someone can help me with this—

I recently purchased a Irig usb. Downloaded it onto my iPhone, hooked it all up, but it doesn’t even register I have a guitar connected, I can’t tune the guitar, record, there no sound or anything.
I’ve gone through the troubleshooting and still can’t get anywhere with this thing.
The microphone is turned on, so it picks up external noise, I’ve even tried turning it off to see a change- nothing.
Am I using the wrong guitar lead? I use the same lead I use for my amps
There must be something I haven’t done yet. I’ve gone through all the setting as per the set up instructions and still nothing
robcragg

Re: iRig does not see my guitar

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jun 29, 2024 10:10 pm

Please note that this issue was split from another thread and duplicate posts have been removed.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jun 30, 2024 12:00 am

On the iRig USB product page on the IK site (and the Specs page) it states:

Works with iPad, Mac, PC and iPhone 15*

*Lightning devices require Apple's Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter (sold separately) and a USB-C to USB-A cable (sold separately).

Are you using one of these devices and if you are using a Lightning device are you using the adapter specified?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby robcragg » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:48 am

I have a iPhone 12 and a iPad
Neither one works
robcragg

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:02 pm

robcragg wrote:I have a iPhone 12 and a iPad
Neither one works

It sounds like your issue might be related to the other question since iPhone 12 is Lightning based... are you using the required adapter mentioned above?
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Jiah_18 » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:17 am

In the settings page, does it appear that the line in is grayed out? And, when you unplug the lightening cable, it appears normal? This is the issue that I'm also experiencing right now.

J
Jiah_18

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories