Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby Neumuzik » Thu May 06, 2021 7:39 pm

Just checking to see if anyone else has also not received notification through the MixBox CS for iOS app that these new presets are available? Saw someone on the AudioBus forums make mention of it, which was the first time I’d heard there was a new collection.

Would love it if IK Multimedia took a closer look at the difficulties some of us seem to be having with either importing or updating presets to our MB CS iOS software. Thanks.
Neumuzik
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:02 am

Re: Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 8:07 pm

They were just released today. If you are subscribed to our newsletter you will get notification soon if you have not already and I believe there will be a notification in the app too.

If there are any issues you'd like resolved, they must be reported to IK Support. Please do so if you (and/or others) have not done so and they'll surely help you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 19894
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby Neumuzik » Thu May 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote:They were just released today. If you are subscribed to our newsletter you will get notification soon if you have not already and I believe there will be a notification in the app too.

If there are any issues you'd like resolved, they must be reported to IK Support. Please do so if you (and/or others) have not done so and they'll surely help you.


Thanks, Peter! Appreciate the fast reply.
Neumuzik
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:02 am

Re: Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 8:10 pm

No problem! They're so new that I haven't had a chance to try them but have been told they are really good.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 19894
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby Neumuzik » Thu May 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Peter_IK wrote:No problem! They're so new that I haven't had a chance to try them but have been told they are really good.


I’ve been very happy with MixBox CS on iOS so far and love the solid performance. The new presets are a great way to ensure continued interaction with the app.
Neumuzik
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:02 am

Re: Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 8:15 pm

Neumuzik wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:No problem! They're so new that I haven't had a chance to try them but have been told they are really good.


I’ve been very happy with MixBox CS on iOS so far and love the solid performance. The new presets are a great way to ensure continued interaction with the app.

Thank you, I will pass along the kind words and will make sure we keep finding people to provide excellent presets. Our support and testing team did a great job with many of the initial presets. Some of the lo-fi ones are really great, and I believe many of those were made by our own Ryan here in the forum :)
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
User avatar
Peter_IK
Kingpin
 
Posts: 19894
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 pm
Location: Everywhere

Re: Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby Neumuzik » Thu May 06, 2021 8:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Neumuzik wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:No problem! They're so new that I haven't had a chance to try them but have been told they are really good.


I’ve been very happy with MixBox CS on iOS so far and love the solid performance. The new presets are a great way to ensure continued interaction with the app.

Thank you, I will pass along the kind words and will make sure we keep finding people to provide excellent presets. Our support and testing team did a great job with many of the initial presets. Some of the lo-fi ones are really great, and I believe many of those were made by our own Ryan here in the forum :)


Fantastic. Thank you.
Neumuzik
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:02 am

Re: Romesh Dodangoda MixBox CS Presets?

Postby twilson74 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:31 am

I'm really digging the new Mixbox presets. Same goes for the Amplitube artist presets that have been coming out.

One suggestion I'd make-- when IK posts a new set of presets in the Product Manager and I download them, sometimes there is a lack of uniformity in the number and order of "hierarchy" folders. For example I downloaded and installed the Romesh Dodangoda presets (desktop version) and when I hover over his presets within the Mixbox application, I'd have to navigate through like three additional folders to get to the actual preset menu.

It's like:

"Signature Presets Romesh D...>Rack Presets>Signature> Romesh Dodangoda>bus/drum/guitar etc"

vs

Signature Presets John Potoker>Bass/buss processing, etc

I could probably go through the finder and edit the folder hierarchy but I could also screw something up. Not a huge deal but it would be cool if the presets were more tidy and consistent in this regard. This will become more important as Mixbox grows and the presets start to get into the thousands and keeping things organized will be even more important.

When I got TSM3 I didn't think I'd use Mixbox all that much since I already have a lot of individual plugins that can do almost anything-- but i find that I am using Mixbox a lot and it's awesome. Great concept and it works very well (and looks nice too-- I wasn't a fan of the 500 series format at first but it's really growing on me). Really great for "bread and butter" uses as well as some far out special effects.

I just realized this thread is regarding IOS versions of the apps and my post applies to the desktop, but hopefully it makes sense. :)
twilson74
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:41 pm


Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories