iRig Stream keeps cutting up or looping?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig Stream keeps cutting up or looping?

Postby ElliottCaleb » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:06 pm

I broadcast on Facebook live with my iPhone 7 with my iRig Stream.

Two problems occur regularly:

1. The sound gets cut out, resulting in an unlistenable interrupted mess. I do not notice this while broadcasting. Some comments have hinted me to that. When I physically re-plug the device, the issue seems to be gone, but it keeps coming back.

2. The green LED goes out, only the blue one is on. When this happens, the broadcasted sound is being looped with the last broadcasted second from the device; video goes on normal. Again, re-plugging the device helps, but to me that's not a viable solution really.

I have also followed all instructions in setting up the iRig recorder with the Background Audio ON. Latency is on low.(Video quality also on low) and tapped on the mic symbol, so that I see the input level.

Before I send my device back for a replacement, does anyone have other solutions?
ElliottCaleb

Re: iRig Stream keeps cutting up or looping?

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:25 pm

There are also issues reported with Facebook live on later versions of iOS, not just with IK hardware. We have reported these issues to both Facebook and Apple.

Before returning, I'd recommend seeking official IK Support who may have more suggestions than that FAQ and who can assist you directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories