How do I obtain songs without DRM

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

How do I obtain songs without DRM

Postby airbusguy2000@hotmail.co » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:20 am

I read on a thread here that Apple Music songs cannot be imported because of DRM. Where can I find the same song without DRM?

I'd like to add a guitar part over the song in the recorder section.

I'm BRAND NEW to Amplitube. How do I tell what version I have? In the Info section it just says "Amplitube" (not 4, CS, etc.)

Any good intro videos out there as well? Could find mainly videos for Amplitube 3/4/CS etc.
airbusguy2000@hotmail.co

Re: How do I obtain songs without DRM

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Any subscription-based services will have DRM. Outright purchases from iTunes etc should not carry the DRM and should be able to be imported.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby airbusguy2000@hotmail.co » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Any subscription-based services will have DRM. Outright purchases from iTunes etc should not carry the DRM and should be able to be imported.

Hi Peter,

That worked! The song I was trying to use had been downloaded from my ongoing trial of Apple Music but I guess I hadn't actually purchased the song. I imported another song I had actually purchased from the iTunes store and it worked just fine.

Steve
airbusguy2000@hotmail.co

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:11 pm

Great to hear! I understand why the DRM is there, or else everybody would subscribe for a month and keep all the songs they downloaded. But it is still a bit of a challenge on our end, of course as we'd love for people to import anything to learn and play along with. Dual-edged sword, though, since licensing should also benefit and protect the artist - I've just seen the streaming payouts and I can't say that part isn't exactly amazing for most artists unfortunately.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories