IR loading on iPad - where is it?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IR loading on iPad - where is it?

Postby jrees » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:37 pm

I've been reading and watching a lot of hype on using IR (impulse Responses) to capture sonic impressions that can be applied to speaker cabs and reverbs. I was THRILLED to learn that it is available in the new AmpliTube 5 so I rushed to my computer and bought it, only to spend the next couple hours learning that it only works on Windows or Mac computers - NOT IOS or any mobile device at this time. Grrr, I need that function NOW! Does anyone know when it might be available for mobile devices?

What are IOS users are supposed to do in the meantime until AT5 is mobile?

I've been using Fiddlicator, Thafknar, and the convolver reverb inside n-track to load IRs currently and it's kinda clunky. I can clearly see the power and benefits of using IRs to make my piezo-equipped electric guitar sound a lot more acoustic but it is very awkward to switch out of Amplitube when I want to switch from electric tones to acoustic in a live setting. Sorry, the Acoustic Simulator pedal in AT isn't nearly as useful as IR loading capability would be. I think IRs are going to be hugely advantageous for my needs and I can't wait to get started. I have no doubts that AT5 will integrate that functionality beautifully but in the meantime what's a good strategy for someone who needs to alternate between acoustic and electric tones with a hybrid guitar that has both magnetic and piezo pickups?

Rig: iRig Pro Duo / iPad Pro / Mic / Hybrid guitar
jrees

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories