Lot of noise with iRig2 and AmpliTube CS

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Lot of noise with iRig2 and AmpliTube CS

Postby giohappy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:55 pm

I've jsut plugged my Ibanez into iRig2 and AmpliTube CS on my iPad.
A lot of background noise is coming out to my headphones, and it becomes significantly worst when I touch the app screen. No metter if I increase or decrease the volume and the gain, the noise caused by the interaction with the app remains (until I unplug my guitar).

I also hear a ticking noise in background, let's say once every 2/3 seconds.

Is it normal? In that case I wonder how other users can use it, even only for training.
giohappy

Re: Lot of noise with iRig2 and AmpliTube CS

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:55 pm

Sounds like there is interference going on somewhere, that is not normal. A headphone jack input audio interface like iRig 2 is of course going to have more noise than a digital audio interface but what you describe sounds well beyond that. I'd suggest working with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support to see if they can help you identify what is happening in your case.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories