PRO DUO Sound Shorting Out During Streaming w/iPhone 8Plus

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

PRO DUO Sound Shorting Out During Streaming w/iPhone 8Plus

Postby djkeithbowen » Mon May 04, 2020 12:42 am

My new PRO DUO (1 month old) is not working correctly after 4 uses.
I'm using it to video stream by connecting it to my booth out speakers then to my iPhone 8Plus using the Power Bridge.
When connected, the blue led lights are lit brightly; however, they rarely change color to yellow and or red now. It's more of a weak looking flicker.
On my iPhone videos screen, I hear music for a sec or two, then the sound drops out for many seconds. It sounds like something is shorting out with a connection.
It's running the latest firmware. I checked and updated.
I've tried using 3 different mixers / controllers, I've changed my booth out cables, I've changed the iK cables that connect the unit to the power bridge and I've also connected the unit straight to the phone without the power bridge. I've also tried a second iPhone with the same results.
Something is not working properly with the sound / connections into / out the unit.
My first two times I used it it worked fine.
3 and 4th attempts I'm having the same problem.

Has anyone else went through this?
Any ideas?

BTW, I put in a request for Tech Support right before writing this post.
djkeithbowen

Re: PRO DUO Sound Shorting Out During Streaming w/iPhone 8Pl

Postby MMYYKK » Wed May 06, 2020 4:16 am

Is it possible that the battery on your iRig is dead?

if the Red 48v light is flashing that means the batteries are low. I don't think the power bridge provides power to the iRig. So if the iRig is dead it will cut out. I don't own a power bridge, but I have had my iRig pro duo cut in and out on me when the battery was dying. Need to get an external power supply for it.
MMYYKK

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories