Hammond BX-3

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

Hammond BX-3

Postby mintjamman » Sun May 03, 2020 12:33 pm

I have just installed the Hammond BX-3 Ipad app on my 64gig Ipad Air 2 but even with the buffer settings set at 256 and 1024 I am getting notes glitching, raising the buffer to 2024 the latency is unusable.

What is the minium ipad spec this will run on without any glitches and the buffer set lower than 256 as this is frustrating

Thanks
mintjamman

Re: Hammond BX-3

Postby Peter_IK » Mon May 04, 2020 4:40 pm

There are specifics regarding this on the Specs page for Hammond B-3X for iPad at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/h ... hp?p=specs
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mintjamman » Mon May 04, 2020 10:31 pm

Yes I have studied that information but in the case of a Ipad Air 2 the app runs badly when IK suggest lowering the buffer settings. Lots of stutter and distortion which renders the app unusable. IK state the following:

For older devices like iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 4 and iPad Pro 1st Generation, we recommend using a buffer setting of 256 or greater for the best audio performance.

This rather suggests that by using a buffer setting of 256 or greater the app will run without the issues I have experienced.

I am pretty disapointed with the performance on the ipad air 2 which is why I posed the question as to what is the minium spec of a ipad that Hammond BX-3 will run without exibiting any issues at all ?

Thanks
mintjamman

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 05, 2020 5:35 pm

The higher end the iPad, the better the performance. There are also suggestions for better iPads to use at that link.

If you're having troubles even with any of the suggested devices and settings at that link please consult IK Support for official and direct technical assistance. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories