BlueBoard on Mac M1

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

BlueBoard on Mac M1

Postby GuiGolfetto » Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:39 am

Hi folks.

I'm curious about the development of the BlueBoard connectivity on Mac M1.

I bought one blueboard for me to work on Mac and iOS. but I can't connect on Mac.

Reading online, I found that the BlueBoard app can't be installed on M1 (probably because of rosetta) and a compatible version will be avaliable "soon" :oops:

I got curious that no one is talking about that.
GuiGolfetto

Re: BlueBoard on Mac M1

Postby h0g0f0g0 » Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:06 am

I got it to work. Download installer using IK Manager and click on it.
Then right click on "Install iRig Blueboard.pkg" and pick Show Package Contents.
In archive you can find Archive.pax.gz, double click to open.

Unpacked archive will have Library and Applications folder. In Applications folder there is iRig Blueboard app. Drag it to your Applications.

When turning the pedal on, hold A button. Click connect in the app and select the pedal. Enjoy!
h0g0f0g0

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jul 05, 2024 5:50 pm

Note also that you don't need the BlueBoard app if you put iRig BlueBoard into one of the two MIDI over BlueTooth modes (see manual for details how to do so and what the differences are between each mode). This is the way I use iRig BlueBoard on my M1 iPad for OnSong.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chrismorda » Fri Aug 02, 2024 3:03 pm

These instructions aren't working for me, if I go to https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... p=download to download the irig blueboard app it downloads the ik product manager and the blueboard doesn't show up there.
chrismorda

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 02, 2024 4:30 pm

chrismorda wrote:These instructions aren't working for me, if I go to https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/i ... p=download to download the irig blueboard app it downloads the ik product manager and the blueboard doesn't show up there.

If you are trying one of the MIDI over Bluetooth modes I mentioned, those do not require the BlueBoard app. Once you register your iRig BlueBoard, you can see the application in IK Product Manager under Hardware --> iRig BlueBoard --> Software. It is only available for Mac (or for iOS in the Apple App Store).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby m10071978 » Fri Aug 02, 2024 9:08 pm

Please who knows the answer: why Blueboard in mode B shines with all footswitches when I use it with sequencer (Logic 11)? It is clearly written in the manual that in the mode B input notes control LEDs. They do not.
From MIDI output in my sequencer I send the same notes as I receive from Blueboard to see the light on the button that I press. And want the light to go off when I press this button again.
I see these notes leave my sequencer and go to Blueboard input. But it only blinks once and then shines brightly again.
m10071978

Postby chrismorda » Sat Aug 24, 2024 4:00 am

I tried using bluetooth and it never gets recognized by my computer. I installed the app on iphone with latest ios and when it goes to connect the application crashes.

I guess the original question remains, does this work with mac m1's with latest software.
chrismorda

Postby m10071978 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 9:44 am

chrismorda wrote:I tried using bluetooth and it never gets recognized by my computer. I installed the app on iphone with latest ios and when it goes to connect the application crashes.

I guess the original question remains, does this work with mac m1's with latest software.

Forget the official app, it has a terrible latency on press and sometimes quits unexpectedly. Use Bluetooth MIDI protocol instead, this is how:
a. Hold down the "B" (or "C") button on your iRig Blueboard whilst switching the Blueboard On (the switch on the back of the Blueboard).
b. On your Mac, go to Audio MIDI Setup -> MIDI Studio -> Open Bluetooth Configuration.
c. You should see your Blueboard pop up in the Bluetooth Configuration window, hit "Connect".
d. Done! You should be able to assign the buttons and even any external sustain/volume pedals connected to the Blueboard within Logic. Just use the "MIDI Learn" mode.

Greatest problem of Blueboard is VERY dumb footswitches. You cannot feel with your foot whether is it pressed or not. Your foot just does not "feel" the click as in traditional footswitches.
m10071978

Postby chrismorda » Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:04 am

Are you on a silicon based mac? As I stated bluetooth on the mac isn't recognizing the device.
chrismorda

Postby m10071978 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:11 am

chrismorda wrote:Are you on a silicon based mac? As I stated bluetooth on the mac isn't recognizing the device.

I have M1 pro (MBP late 2021). Have you switched to mode B or C on Blueboard start? Default mode is A and it does not support Bluetooth MIDI.
m10071978

Postby chrismorda » Sat Aug 24, 2024 10:27 am

yes, 10-20 times.
chrismorda

Postby m10071978 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 12:43 pm

chrismorda wrote:yes, 10-20 times.

Then you have to check the version of Blueboard firmware, early versions did not support Bluetooth MIDI I guess.
m10071978

Postby m10071978 » Sat Aug 24, 2024 1:15 pm

"The FW update v1.2.0 allows for the new MIDI over Bluetooth modes operations. You need a unit with this version of FW installed to use the new features of iRig BlueBoard. A firmware updater utility is available in the Firmware Updates section on your User Area"
https://g1.ikmultimedia.com/html/Manual ... Manual.pdf
m10071978

Postby chrismorda » Sat Aug 24, 2024 5:44 pm

I bought this a number of years ago, had to be around 2016 or so and never registered it. I barely used it, it did however work on my old computer which is a 2012 mac mini. I just tested on that computer and it's not recognized there either as being online. That computer is run mac cataliina 10.15.7 and when looking that up real quick it looks like that may also have issues connecting to bluetooth without some advanced set up.

I wrote it ik yesterday to retrieve my serial number so hoping there is a resolution for that and then I can go from there.
chrismorda

Postby chrismorda » Sat Aug 24, 2024 6:50 pm

i'm on a mac
chrismorda

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools